Basic Combat Training & Graduation Ceremonies
Do you have a loved one attending Basic Training at Fort Jackson? We know that you are very proud of your Soldier and the Columbia Community is excited to be a part of this exciting experience!
Fort Jackson has done an excellent job providing tips and advice for Basic Training Families. Check out these tips and find additional information by clicking on the links below! Don't forget to take a look at Fort Jackson hotel specials.
- Plan ahead for Graduation! Check out Graduation dates and activities, Family day is scheduled on Wednesdays with Graduation on Thursdays. Some graduations vary.
- Driving to Fort Jackson to attend Graduation? Ft Jackson is accessible from three major highways (I-20, I-26, & I-77). In addition, I-95 and I-85 are very close by! Fort Jackson is located at Exit 15 on I-77 South and at Exit 15A on I-77 North.
- Flying in to visit Fort Jackson? Columbia Metropolitan Airport (CAE) is the closest airport to Fort Jackson (approximately 20 miles from the Army Base). Visitors can also fly in to Charlotte International Airport and drive South to Columbia. (Approximately 90 miles from Fort Jackson).
- Entering Fort Jackson Army Base: Make sure to have proper identification (driver’s license or government issued ID) for every adult passenger in the vehicle. In addition guests will need to provide their registration and proof of insurance.
- Send your Soldier mail! The love and support provided by family and friends give the Soldiers the encouragement they need to complete their Basic Combat Training!
- Feel like you are learning a new language? Throughout the Fort Jackson website and in the letters you receive from your Soldier, you will find that the Army has an abbreviation for everything! Click here for a list of common terms and acronyms provided by Fort Jackson to keep you in the loop.
- Learn about this new Army Life along with your Soldier! The Soldiers are introduced to the new Army Lifestyle during Basic Training! Take advantage of the New Spouse Orientation videos and documents that Fort Jackson has provided so that you can learn right along with them!
Welcome to Fort Jackson Graduation Hotels!
Fort Jackson Graduation Hotel Information: Fort Jackson is the largest and most active Initial Entry Training Center in the United States. Join us at your loved ones Graduation Ceremony to celebrate and applaud the soldiers for completing their Basic Training - a feat that changes lives forever. Take a look at our Fort Jackson Hotel specials below! Fort Jackson Information: Explore and experience all that Fort Jackson's community has to offer. Drive through over 52,000 acres of land that has been carefully designed to train more than 50,000 soldiers per year. Visit the Fort Jackson Museum to learn about the rich history and amazing contribution that Fort Jackson has made to the United States Army.
You and your Soldier have made it through Basic Training. Spend time together enjoying all that Columbia, South Carolina has to offer. Browse through our website for the latest information on places to stay, attractions to visit and the best dining and nightlife in the area!
Fort Jackson Graduation Special will NOT be available:
- Master's Week April 6 - 9th, 2017
- Fort Jackson Rates are Based Upon Availability
Fort Jackson Graduation: Fort Jackson is the largest and most active Initial Entry Training Center in the United States. Each year, over 50,000 soldiers spend time at this United States Army Training Center to complete their Basic Combat Training. This makes up 50 percent of all new Soldiers entering the Army each year.
Upon the completion of their training, these soldiers are disciplined, motivated and physically fit to do their job. In addition to their training responsibilities, Fort Jackson is also home to the US Army Soldier Support Institute, the US Army Chaplains Center and School, and the Defense Academy for Credibility Assessment.
Attending graduation from out of town? Check out the specials our local hotel partners have local hotel partners have offer for the best deals in Columbia South Carolina for Fort Jackson Graduation!
Follow Columbia SC Events on:
Fort Jackson rates listed are based on availability - blackout dates may apply.
Click any one of the above for Columbia's Greatest Hotel Values!
For more great deals across the Southeast click on one of our partner websites below:
Click HERE to submit your upcoming Events to us at Columbia SC Events!